Executor of Deceased Estate?
What we do:
- Inform you of your rights and responsibilities as an executor;
- Prepare and help you to apply for probate;
- Assist you to identify and collect the deceasedís assets;
- Advise you on the possibility of tax liabilities;
- Advise you about the legal order in which debts must be paid and the remaining assets distributed;
- Assist you with any claims that may be made against you over administration of the estate;
- Help you with the distribution of the assets to the beneficiaries.
If there is no will we can explain the legal order of distribution of the estate.
Be prepared for family get-togethers. If you are an Executor of an Estate this means that you can expect to be asked questions by the beneficiaries.
Make sure you know these dates (or possible dates):
Notice of intended application for probate; Probate; Notice of intended distribution.
Will there be an interim distribution? There often is so, when will it be likely to happen and when can the final distribution be made?
Arrange a progress report from your solicitor along with a copy of the Estate account or Trust statement. Check if you need an updated one closer to the date of a family gathering.